Lumbar Spine Treatment Strategies - $229
Spinal pain is the most common diagnosis among patients referred to physical therapy and other healthcare related professions in the United States. This beginner to intermediate level continuing education course will guide you through a patient-response based treatment algorithm for classifying lower back pain. Current evidence will be reviewed, along with hands on laboratory session reviewing mobilization, manipulation, and spinal exercise prescription. This course is authored and instructed by
Dr. Mickey Shah, PT, D.Sc.
Course Objectives Course Details
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
1. Perform a concise and thorough evaluation on a patient with LBP including history & examination.
2. Compare and contrast the different classification approaches in the management of LBP
3. Identify which patients will most likely benefit from manipulation, spinal stabilization, activities to promote centralization or traction based upon current literature, including a review of Clinical Prediction Rules.
4. Confidently and competently perform manual therapy (to include manipulation techniques advocated by The Manipulation Task Force) for the patient with LBP.
5. Identify and prescribe appropriate exercise strategies
6. Perform neural mobilization techniques
7. Discuss current evidence based best practice patterns for the treatment of LBP.
Content to come shortly.